What is the purpose of this new feature?
This feature will allow you to:
- Quickly identify the mistakes contained in your custom templates in order to ensure a better restitution of the data in your deliverables.
- Be sure to retrieve the different versions of your forms and your custom templates to help you keep them up to date.
What is a custom template ?
Each job is carried out using a form.
At the end of each job, a report is automatically generated by Ermeo. You can edit this report in the format of your choice (excel or word). You must first import a custom template.
A custom template is therefore a Word or Excel file. In this file, we find the tags describing each task of your form. This file defines under which layout your report will be edited.
In practice, how to import a custom template in order to use the detection system?
Context: Create an intervention form (unpublished). We are going to add a custom frame for this unpublished form.
1. Go to the Documents section and click on the document for which you want to create a custom template.
2. Click on "Custom templates" then on "Download the configuration file for the draft version of the form". Open the configuration file then go down to observe the different tags that make up your form.
3. Open an empty Excel file. Copy and paste the response tags from the configuration file into the cells of this empty Excel file.
4. Return to the form and click on Import a custom template. Choose the versions for which you want to import a custom template.
5. Choose your custom template.
6. The system performs a first check. If the custom template contains errors, you will be notified.
Can I import a custom template, if my form has multiple versions?
It is entirely possible to import a custom template, even if your form has several versions. This will allow you to choose the form versions for which the imported template will be used.
Let's check an example:
I have a form with 3 versions (1.0; 1.1 and 1.2). Version 1.1 is the released version.
I will import my custom template. I can choose which versions will be affected by this template.
Can I publish my form after importing a custom template?
A validation of the custom report template will be generated as soon as a form version is published.
What do the errors mean when importing my template?
First of all, 3 statuses are possible:
- Valid: No errors
- Wrong: the data of a tag will be incorrectly restored
- Invalid: errors on iterations that can impact the export generation or cause major data corruption
You can have more informations about the errors by clicking on the status (the detail of the possible errors will be given further down in the article) then download the error file.
Good to know
- When a new form version is created, if a custom template was used in an End and Send, Email or Preview widget, then the content of these tasks will be automatically updated in the newly created version.
- It is also possible to replace a custom template for the version you are in.
- You can also delete a custom template for a specific version
- It is also possible to analyze a custom template imported for a previous version or a draft version of your form.
Here is a detailed list of possible errors:
- The tag does not exist in the form version
- The suffix is missing
- The suffix is invalid
- Default tags do not accept a suffix
- Suffix separator is missing
- Image type suffix is invalid
- This type of task cannot be used in a template
- The tag opening the iteration is repeated
- The tag closing the iteration is repeated
- The order of nested iterations is reversed
- One or more # are missing from the tag
- The order of iteration opening tags is reversed
- End tag is missing
- White spaces are located in the tag
- Unknown critical error
- The opening tag is missing
- The closing tag is missing
- The "end" tag does not match the "start" tag
- The order of iteration closing tags is reversed
- The end of iteration tag is repeated
- The opening and closing tags should be part of the same table
- Several image tags follow each other on the same line