Why use the import of attributes?
Importing users is useful, at the start of projects, if you want to create users in mass on Ermeo. This will allow you to create all your Ermeo users, with just a few clicks.
What is this feature?
Using Ermeo, you can import new users quickly using an Excel file.
User import template
The following columns must be present in the user import file
|The code is not mandatory. If any codes have been filled, Ermeo will generate a code automatically.|
|first_name||Mandatory||The first name of the user.|
|last_name||Mandatory||The last name of the user.|
|Mandatory||Be sure that none of your users which are already into the platform have the same username.|
Be sure that none of your users which are already into the platform have the same email adress.
Fill the role that you want to assign to the user
|Mandatory||Fill the names of the teams that you want to assign. You can separate those teams with the symbol ";"|
|Optional||You can fill attributes values for your users|
- Two users cannot have the same username or the same email address.
- If the import fails, an error file will be automatically generated.
In practice, how do you create new users en masse?
Context: Imagine an administrator wishing to import new users en masse into his Ermeo platform.
It will be too long to create these users one at a time. We will thus proceed with an import of users.
1. Create an Excel file containing the columns mentioned above (you can use the file as an attachment).
2. Fill in the data by entering the first names, last names, usernames and emails, roles and teams of users.
3. Enter the platform then click on the Users section. Then click on Import.
4. Import your file then validate the import
5. Make sure that the import has been carried out correctly on the Imports / Exports page
In case of errors, an error file is generated. Within this file are attributes that could not be created.
What are the limits for importing users?
- It is not possible to import more than 10 000 users
- For the moment, it is not possible to associate the licenses upon import. To assign the licenses to your users, you must go through the platform.
- To define users passwords, you can define one password for each user imported. Or you can send bulk invitations by selection all the users (check the picture below)
- It is not possible to cancel an import in progress.
- During an import, using an Excel file, the import is done from the top of the file to the bottom of the file. First, line 1 of the file is imported, then line 2 is imported, then line 3 etc.
- Within the Imports / Exports page, you will have a summary of the imports made so far.