What are assets attributes used for?
Assets attributes are data that will allow you to characterize and define your resources. You can collect datas from the field and thus update the assets of your databases.
What are assets attributes?
Attributes / Databases link
Each database is defined by attributes. Databases are made up of assets. All the assets of the same database will have the same attributes. An attribute can be present in one or more databases.
Associating attributes with a database allows you to structure the content of those databases. The data will be structured and the exploitation of this data will be easier.
How to view / assign attributes to a database?
1. Click on the database
2. Go to the Structure tab of this database.
- You can either add an existing attribute to your database, or create a new attribute for your database.
- In this Structure page, you can also unlink an attribute from a database. All the assets will thus be deprived of this attribute.
- You can create assets attributes only from this structure page. The Attributes page is only used to display all existing attributes.
What is the main asset of the intervention ?
The main asset of the intervention corresponds to the asset selected at the start of the intervention.
When an asset is chosen as the main asset of the intervention, all the widgets linked to an asset attribute will be pre-filled and/or editable, depending on the options checked and the attribute values of the main asset.
The Creation, Preselection, Manual Selection and Automatic Selection widgets are independent of the asset selected at the start of the intervention.
How to display the value of an asset attribute for the operator?
- The widget must be linked with the relevant asset attribute.
- The "Pre-fill the value in the application" option is used to display the value of a resource attribute on the application.
- The type of the widget must be equal to the type of the attribute. For example, a Text widget must be used to display an attribute of type Text.
How can the operator modify an asset attribute?
- The widget in question must be linked with the good asset attribute.
- The "Authorize editing in the application" option allows the operator to modify the value of a resource attribute from his application.
- The type of the widget must be equal to the type of the attribute. For example, a Text widget must be used to display an attribute of type Text
How to use asset attributes in your forms?
Context: Imagine a company declaring anomalies encountered on a construction site. Each anomaly must be described with a description. The Anomalies database will therefore contain a Description attribute of the Text type.
During a second visit, the operator going to the site can update this description.
The anomaly will be selected at the start of the intervention as the main asset.
1. Drag and drop a Text widget in your form. Name the "Description of the anomaly"
2. Link this widget with the asset attribute named Description of the anomaly.
3. Check the options “Authorize editing in the application and“ Pre-fill the value in the application. ”Thus, the operator can see the previous value and modify it if necessary.
4. Publish the form.
5. Launch your form. At the start of the intervention, choose an anomaly that has a description.
6. Modify the description of this anomaly and complete the intervention.
7. Review the value of the Description attribute of this anomaly in your databases. The value entered in step 6 is now present.