Ubleam is a french startup.
They created a new innovative system of "QR Codes".
Advantages of Bleams
- They can be read at a long distance (like 5m or even more)
- They can be read when the Bleam is not exactly in front of the device.
- They can be read when the light is not good or too bright.
- They can be engraved on a plate
How does it work in Ermeo ?
We integrated their SDK (called SDK Fusion) in our app to be able to read Bleams.
To activate the Bleam reader for a client, we need the client or Ubleam to give a SDK key to have the authorization to call Ubleam servers. This key is given each year by the client or Ubleam.
It works exactly as the barcodes/QR codes : if you want to identify an asset by scanning a bleam, you need to have an attribute of type "Barcode" with the "bleam code" in the asset.
- Operator clicks on "Scan Ubleam"
- Phone's camera opens
- Operators scans the Bleam
- Asset's info (contained in the bleam) is displayed on the widget (same than for Barcode)
Does it works in Offline mode ?
But the operator has to use it once with network before using it offline
It only works on Android
Who uses Bleams ?
When the reader is activated, the widget "Barcode" in an intervention will open the Bleam reader.
In an intervention you cannot choose between scanning a QR Code or a Bleam.