Why hide the name of the resource when creating it?
To facilitate the work of field operators, it is useful not to display superfluous information during their interventions. The name of the asset created is often determined automatically without specific intervention by the operator. In this case, this information may be hidden from the operator.
What is this option?
This option can be found in the parameters of the Creation widget under the name "Hide the naming step".
By activating this option, the operator will not see the name of the resource he is going to create. Thus, it will not be able to modify the name of the resource in question.
How to use this option?
Context: Imagine a company identifying anomalies on a construction site. Anomalies are named using today's date and a random suffix. The operator must not see the name of the resource created (to avoid having too much information).
1. Create a new form and drag and drop a Date widget called "Today's date". Check the option "Today's date" in the options of this widget.
2. Then, drag and drop a Creation widget. In the name, copy and paste the tag of the Today's Date widget. Click on the option "Add a random suffix".
3. Click on the option "Hide the naming step"
4. You can add a Text widget allowing the operator to describe the reported anomaly.
5. Publish the form and launch an intervention on this form.
6. The name of the resource created does not appear for the operator.
Please sign in to leave a comment.