What is the Parent widget used for?
The supervisor defines whether the operator can:
- Can see the parent with or without its attributes
- Can see the parent and modify its attributes
- Modify the parent (add, remove, change) and view / modify its attributes
Each option can be easily set from the studio.
Where is the Parent widget located?
The Parent widget is located in your editing studio, in the Databases category.
How to configure it?
Within the settings, you can choose whether the operator can modify the parent resource or only view it.
If editing is enabled, you can define pre-selection criteria. These criteria may relate to:
- names of the assets
- parents of the assets
- databases of the assets
- the date of creation and / or modification of assets
- attributes of assets
In practice, how to use the Parent widget?
Context: Imagine a company with several projects in progress. Each site is an asset in the "Sites" database.
- Each site has assets available: heavy equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Each piece of asset is linked to the site by family relationship. They are in the "Equipment" database.
- Imagine an operator working on a construction site. He wants to audit the asset present and reassign those that have changed sites or returned to a storage warehouse.
How can I ensure that my operator can reassign asset between sites?
1. Drag and drop an Automatic Selection widget.
1.1 In the filter settings, for Parent place the tag corresponding to the intervention resource "## asset_name ##".
1.2 In Databases, select the "Equipment" database.
2. Drag and drop a Parent widget in the automatic selection
2.1 Check "Allow editing in the application"
2.2 In the filter settings, for Database select "Sites"
3. Publish your form and launch it from the application. Select a site with equipment. Click on Automatic Selection then for each device, modify the parent
The Parent widget allows your operator to modify the link between devices and their parents. It also allows you to directly modify the values of the attributes of the parent resource.
- Place a widget in the parent resource widget and link it to an attribute
- Allow editing in the app
- The operator can thus modify the parent resource