What is the Multiple Choice widget for ?
The Multiple Choice widget allows your operators to select one or more values from a list. From this choice, you can condition the rest of the form according to conditions.
What is the Multiple Choice widget ?
The Multiple Choice widget can be found in your publishing studio, in the Tasks category.
How to configure it ?
You must define the different possible answers. A minimum of 3 choices must be defined.
By checking the option Allow multiple selection, the operator can choose several responses. By default, when this option is not activated, the operator can choose only one answer.
You can define a default choice by checking a box.
You can also link this widget with an existing attribute. The attribute must be of the Multiple Choice type.
Thus, you can retrieve the value of an attribute existing within your databases, with the option "Pre-fill the value in the application". You can also update an existing attribute by retrieving the data entered by your operator using the "Allow editing in the application" option.
In practice, how do I use the Multiple Choice widget in my Ermeo form ?
Context : Imagine a company carrying out building inspections. Depending on the type of building inspected, the administrator wants to display a specific form template. There are 3 different types of buildings (called Type A, Type B and Type C).
We would first have to ask the operator what type of building he is in, in order to make his intervention. Depending on his answer, we can display a specific template allowing an intervention on a type of building. The question requires the use of a Multiple Choice widget.
1. Drag and drop the Multiple Choice widget into your form. Name the Building Type.
2. In the options, fill in the different response choices:
- Type A
- Type B
- Type C
3. Here, we do not check Allow multiple selection. The operator can choose only one type of Building.
4. Drag and drop a template widget. Choose the "Type A Building Inspection Template".
5. On the Template widget, place the following condition: "Display if Building Type is Type A".
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other two templates.
7. Publish your form and test on your application.
Here, we have therefore used a Multiple Choice widget to condition the display of our form.