What's the goal ?
It is useful to do calculations on dates if you want to automatically calculate the date of a future intervention from the data filled in by your operator. You will be able to create a formula in a Date widget.
So what is this functionality ?
You can add and / or subtract days, months or years to a date.
You can then take the value of a first date, then add days, months or years.
The formulas to insert in your date widget will be:
- Days: ## tag_date ## + days (Number of days desired)
- Month: ## tag_date ## + months (Number of months desired)
- Years: ## tag_date ## + years (Number of years desired)
In practice, how to make calculations on dates ?
Context: Imagine a company that performs interventions on escalators. After a first intervention, a second checking intervention is systematically planned. This second intervention will always take place 11 days after the first.
1. Drag and drop a first Date widget into your form.
2. Name this widget date of intervention. Tick the current date option.
3. Drag and drop a second Date widget. Name the "Verification maintenance".
4. In the options, click on "formula".
5. Copy and paste the tag of the first date widget
6. Add a "+", then the word "days" and finally "(11)". We therefore ask to add 11 days.
7. Publish your form and take the test on the mobile application.
Please sign in to leave a comment.