What is the purpose of the roles ?
Roles allow you to define a set of permissions on the platform and the mobile application for one or more users.
What is a role ?
Each role will therefore be defined by several authorizations on the platform and / or on the mobile app. The created role will then be assigned to one or more users. A user can only have one role. However, a role can be assigned to several users.
For example :
- An administrator must have all the permissions (platform and mobile app). He will be able to create documents, access databases, plan interventions, manage users and perform interventions on the mobile application.
- However, an operator will only have permissions on the mobile application. He will not be able to create documents or even delete resources in the database.
Authorizations can relate to the platform or the mobile application.
The permissions on the platform can relate to the following sections :
For each of these sections, you can allow or not to create, modify or delete data. This data can be forms, resources, users or even reports (depending on the section concerned).
The permissions on the mobile application can relate to the following sections :
On the mobile application, it is not possible to delete data. However, it is possible to create resources or of course to start an intervention.
In practice, how to create roles ?
1. Go to the Users section and click on the Roles tab.
2. Click on New role
3. Define a name for the new role.
4. In the "Platform permissions" tab, select the desired permissions.
5. In the "Permissions on the mobile application" tab, select the desired permissions.
6. Click Save
Hierarchy in the rules
It is important to understand the difference between "Profiles" and "Teams".
Roles are used to determine what a user can do on the platform or on the mobile application. These are actions like duplicating a document or creating a user.
Teams allow you to define what a user can see on the platform or on the mobile application. These are conditions on resources such as: "The" Marseille "team can see all the equipment whose City attribute is" Marseille "".
The profiles take precedence over the consultation rights configured in the teams. Thus, it is necessary to properly configure the profiles and the consultation rights so as not to have conflicts in the rules.
Please sign in to leave a comment.