Why pre-fill the values of an intervention using a previous report ?
Your operators can fill out the same form every day, for example a Daily Report.
The data entered is each time substantially the same and your operators waste time rewriting everything each time.
To save them time, they can start from a previous report.
So what is this functionality ?
When launching an intervention, the operator has the option of choosing whether he wants to start from scratch or start from a previous report.
If he chooses the second option, the data from the selected report will be copied to the new report. The operator will only have to modify the data that has not changed since the previous intervention.
To activate this functionality on a document, go to the document options:
Please note that the following data is not copied:
- Tasks that are pre-filled with user attributes in case the user is different
- Tasks that are pre-filled with asset attributes in case the main asset of the intervention is modified
In practice, how to use the pre-filling of values from a previous report ?
Context : Imagine a company carrying out site inspection. The site is divided into two parts A and B. These two parts are almost identical.
An operator will inspect part A of the site. The next day, he will inspect part B of the site.
It is in the operator's interest to keep the inspection data from part A to complete the intervention concerning part B of the site.
We will thus use an existing document and activate the desired functionality.
1. Open an existing document
2. Click in Options. Then "Change options". Finally activate the option: "Allow pre-filling of values from a previous report".
3. Make a first intervention with the document from the application
4. End the intervention and start a second intervention.
5. You are given the opportunity to pre-fill the intervention values. You can select the report in question. If an item of equipment was linked to a previous intervention, this equipment will be taken up again for the new intervention.