Why create assets from the platform ?
You can create assets manually in order to feed your databases directly from the platform.
What is an asset ?
An asset is a word used in the broad sense. An assetcan be an object, a motor, a building site, a building.
These assets are stored in databases. For each asset, attributes are defined. These attributes will help characterize the equipment.
There are different ways to create assets :
- During an intervention, with the creation brick.
- By mass importing equipment using an import file.
- Manually, by creating them one by one on the platform (what we see in this article).
In practice, how do you create new asset ?
Context: Imagine a company who wants to add a new engine, in its "Engines" database. This engine will be named "Engine 45".
Motor 45 must have the following characteristics :
- No parent equipment defined
- The equipment is part of the Motors database.
- The motor has a "Power" attribute with a value of 300 W.
- The engine has a "Brand" attribute with the value "Kinn Mota".
1. In the Assets tab, click on "New Assets".
2. Name your assets. In our case "Motor 45".
3. No parent asset is chosen. However, we will select the "Motors" database.
4. Enter the attributes appearing with the following values :
- "Kinn Mota" for the Brand.
- "300" for Power.
5. Click on "Create". Your asset is now present in the Motors database.
To go further
It is often more useful import asset function in order to import equipment in bulk.