Why georeference your assets on a map ?
A notification alerts an operator when an intervention has been assigned to him. If this intervention is georeference thanks to an asset, the operator will be able to view his future intervention location on a map.
What is the geotracking of assets ?
Geotracking consists to define latitude and longitude coordinates for your assets.
To associate a location with your interventions, you must first create an asset attribute of the location type. The attribute created will then be use.
In practice, how to geolocate asset ?
Context : Imagine a company that performs interventions throughout France. In order to best prepare for their trips, a field operator must be informed of their future place of intervention, one week in advance.
Thus, the administrator will plan a geolocated intervention one week in advance. This intervention will then be assigned to the operator.
We will first create a Location type attribute and then assign it to a planned intervention.
1. Go into Databases section then click into a database.
2. Click into Create an attribute. Name your attribute Geolocalisation. Select GPS coordinates as type of attribute.
3. Validate the creation of your new attribute.
4. Fill a value for this attribute to one of your asset.
5. Go back into Interventions section. Click into Plan an intervention.
6. Fill the datas of your intervention (document, intervention name, asset, user). Choose the asset for which you have add a geolocation value at step 4. Then, fill a planned start date and a planned end date for your job.
7. The operator receive a notification which shows him that a job has been planned.