Why should we create a custom report template in Excel ?
Ermeo allows you to create personalized report templates, with the logos of your company.
You can thus choose how to display the intervention informations on an Excel file.
What is a custom report template ?
Each intervention is carried out using a form.
At the end of each intervention, a report is automatically generated by Ermeo. This report is published under the Ermeo template. You can also choose to edit this report in the format of your choice. You will first need to import a custom report template.
A custom report template is therefore a Word or Excel file. In this file, we find the tags characterizing each widget of your form. This file defines under which layout your report will be published.
In practice, how to create, import, and use a custom report frame in Excel ?
Context : Create an intervention form and then a personalized report frame using the form widgets.
1. Go to the Documents section and click on the document for which you want to create a report template.
2. Click on "Custom report " then on "Download the custom report configuration file".
3. Open the configuration file then go down to observe the different tags making up your form.
4. Open a blank Excel file.
5. Copy and paste the response tags from the configuration file into the cells making up your Excel file. Choose the layout you want. You can also copy and paste the question tags.
In our case, our form is made up of 3 widgets. We will copy and paste the tags for each of the bricks.
5.1 Copy and paste the tag of the Number widget tag from the configuration file to cell B1 of your Excel file.
5.2 Copy and paste the text widget tag from the configuration file to cell B2 of your Excel file.
5.3 Copy and paste the Date widget tag from the configuration file to cell B3 of your Excel file.
You can also copy and paste the tags using the tags in the studio.
6. Name your file. Return to the form and click on Import into the Custom reports section.
7. Choose your custom report template.
8. Perform an intervention using this form.
9. Go to the Reports section and choose the intervention in question.
10. Choose your custom report frame and export said report.
11. Go to the Exports section and download your intervention report with your custom report.
To go further
- You can resume tags using the tags present on each of the widgets in the editing studio.
- For each widget, there is a tag for the question, a tag for the answer and a tag for the user who will fill in the data.
- You can define multiple custom report template for a single form.
- If you choose to send a report by email at the end of the intervention, you can choose a personalized report template from the list of reports.
- It is useful to paste the tags in the print area of your Excel file.
- If a macro exists in your personalized report template, it will not be reproduced in your intervention reports.
- An Excel file or a Word file can be used as a custom report. It is not possible to export a report in PowerPoint format (.ppt).
- It is possible to include checkboxes using the following syntax: ## yes_no_task: ☑: ☒ ##