What are attributes for ?
Attributes allow you to define your resources. Your documents, your equipment, your users and your interventions can be define thanks to attributes.
What are attributes ?
Attributes are data of all types (number, numbers, images, etc.).
For example, an engine can be characterized by:
- his power
- his torque
- its rotation speed
- its lifespan.
Those datas will be considered as attributes. Depending on the attribute, we will come to associate a type of attribute.
For example, a power is expressed using a number. So the power of a motor will be a Number attribute.
Pratically, how do you create an attribute?
Context : We will create an attribute of type Number to characterize the power of the motor 45 (here the motor 45 is an asset).
1. Go to the asset for which you want to add the attribute.
2. Click on Attributes then on "Create a new Attribute".
3. Write the name of the attribute: Power.
4. Then choose from the drop-down list, the type of attribute "Power".
Your engine 45 can now be characterized by the attribute Power.
5. Write 200 as the value for the Power attribute. Thus, your Motor 45 is characterized by a Power of 200 W.
The values of the attributes can be modified by your operator if you connect your forms to your data.
Thus, your operators will be able to characterize the different resources of your databases. Updates to these databases are done in real time.
It is possible to determine attributes for equipment, documents, users and interventions.
An attribute name cannot exceed 255 characters.