What are attributes for ?
Attributes allow you to define your resources. Your documents, your assets, your users and your jobs can be define thanks to attributes.
What are attributes ?
Attributes are data of all types (number, numbers, images, etc.).
For example, a motor can be define by:
- his power
- his torque
- its rotation speed
- its lifespan.
Those datas will be considered as attributes. Depending on the attribute, we will come to associate a type of attribute.
For example, a power is expressed using a number. So the power of a motor will be a Number attribute.
Pratically, how do you create an attribute?
Context : Imagine an "Anomalies" database, listing all of your anomalies. Each anomaly can be described by a date. We are going to create a Date type attribute then we are going to assign this attribute to the Anomalies database. Thus, all of our anomalies can be described with this attribute.
1. Go to the Databases tab.
2. Click on the "Anomalies" database (if it does not exist, you can create it)
3. Click on the Structure tab
4. Click on "Create a new Attribute"
5. Give the name "Anomaly date". Choose Date as the type.
6. Click on "Create attribute"
- The values of the attributes can be modified by your operator if you connect your forms to your data. Your operators will be able to define the assets of your databases or even your users. The updates of those data will be done automatically. You can add as much attributes as wanted. Thus, your operators will be able to define the different assets of your databases. Updates to these databases are done in real time.
- A widget cannot be linked to an attribute if this widget has not the same type that the attribute (for example, it's not possible to link a Text Widget to a Number Attribute).
- You can view the history of actions performed on an attribute value. To do this, you must click on the wheel to display the history
- It is possible to create attributes for assets, documents, users and jobs. To create a database attribute, you need to to the attributes tab of this database.
- An attribute name cannot exceed 255 characters. If this name is given to an attribute, the same name cannot be used for another attribute (even if the first attribute has been deleted).
- It's possible to share one attribute into several databases (in order to create a "link" between several databases).
- It's not possible to change the type of an attribute after his creation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.