A template is a set of bricks that can be reused in several forms.
Warning: A template is not a form as such: it is a component of a form. Thus, the teem alone is not visible on the mobile application: it is only visible through the forms that contain the template!
HOW TO USE A TEMPLATE?
We are going to create a template named "Operator information". This template should allow you to fill in the following fields:
- Operator name
- Operator surname
- Location of the intervention
This template will then be inserted in the "Engine maintenance sheet" form.
If you subsequently create new forms, you will be able to insert the "General data" template into these new forms.
- In the Documents tab, create a new document
- Define the name of the template (here "General data"). For the type of document, choose "Template". A template is represented by an orange symbol next to the name of the form. You can then click on "Create document"
- Click on "Open in the studio"
- We are going to insert the different bricks making up our form.
- Drag and drop a Text brick. Name the "Operator Name".
- Drag and drop a Text brick. Name the "Operator Surname".
- Drag and drop a GPS brick. Name the "Place of the intervention"
- Make the template active and click on Publish
- Open the "Engine maintenance sheet" form then click on "Open in the studio" to modify the form.
- Drag and drop a template brick at the start of the form.
- Choose the "General data" template from the list of template.
- Your template is now inserted in the "Engine maintenance sheet" form.
- You can delete the boxes containing the operator's data in the rest of the form (section 2). The Inserted template brick will allow you to have bricks recording the operator's data.
NB: If you want to make modifications within the "General Data" template only for the "Engine maintenance sheet" form, you will have to convert the template into a section.
Congratulations, you now know how to digitize forms!