How the widget Finish and Send is useful ?
The widget Finish and Send is useful to send automatically the report of an intervention at the end of this intervention.
The goal is to make easier the transmission of data, and to allow to an operator to speed process up of reporting of information to his supervisor. This widget should appear at the end of intervention.
What is this widget ?
The widget Finish and Send is in the category Workflows of your publishing studio :
The Finish and Send widget should always be the last task on your form. Once this task has been validated by the operator, the intervention will be automatically terminated.
The difference with the Send an email widget is that once the task is validated, the intervention is finished. In addition, the intervention report is not attached to the email unlike the Send an email widget.
How to configure it?
Here are different examples for configuration :
- Define the mailing list (s), subject and body of the email
To define the mailing list, simply enter the email address (es) of the receiver (s). Email addresses must be separated by a semicolon (";"), without spaces. If certain receivers must be copied, use the CC:
To define the subject and the body of the e-mail, all you have to do is fill in the Subject and Message"fields.
- Use tags to custom emails
It is possible to use the tags in the subject and in the body of the email to custom the email and the function of the intervention.
There are two types of tags: General Information tags and Form Datas tags. (see how to Use the tags)
- Choose Report Template
It is possible to choose the template under which you wish to send your report. There are two types of templates: the standard Ermeo report, called "Template Ermeo", and the custom report.
- Ermeo standard report
If you choose to send the report with the standard Ermeo template, you do not need to configure any layout. The report will automatically be laid out and sent in PDF format. You can then choose whether or not to display the following information in the report:
- Custom report
If you choose to send the report with a custom layout, you must have previously loaded your custom personalized report from the document's home page.
Then you just have to choose the right report template from the list, in the settings of the widget in the studio.
Finally, you can choose to send the report in PDF by checking the "PDF format" box, or to leave it in original format, ie Word or Excel depending on your custom report.
- Allow the user or not to modify the email
You can give the operator the right or not to modify the email. If the "Allow modification" option is not checked, the user will not be able to modify either the mailing list, the subject or the body of the email.
In practice, how does the Finish and Send widget work ?
An operator wants to automatically send the intervention report to his superior, at the end of each intervention.
How can I have the custom report sent automatically at the end of each intervention ? How to configure the content of this email ?
1. In the studio, drag and drop the Finish and Send widget into your "Engine Maintenance Sheet" form.
We will configure the widget in order to perform the following actions :
- The recipient of the intervention will be the operator's supervisor (value retrieved by tag).
- The email address in copy will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The object will be a text field retrieved using a tag.
- The message (body of the email) will be a generic message written manually.
- The report template will be a personalized report in PDF format.
2. Within the settings, copy and paste the tag of the name of the supervisor within the "To" fields.
3. Write email@example.com in the "Cc" box.
4. Copy and paste the tag corresponding to the name of the object within the "Subject" fields.
5. Within the message field, write a message frame.
6. For the report template, choose your custom report.
7. Check the PDF Format box.
8. You can publish the document. Your operator will be able to carry out an intervention and at the end of this it will have to click on Finish and Send to send its intervention report.
To go further
- Send different emails depending on the receiver, for the same intervention
You can send different emails depending on the receiver from the same intervention.
To configure several email sendings, just use the little "+":
Please note : If you make changes to your custom report (you delete the old one then load a new one), you must absolutely make the change on the Finish and Send widget. If the email is linked to a report that no longer exists, it will not be sent.
To re-associate the email with the correct frame, click on "Default", then re-click on your custom report :
Please note : This widget cannot be found into a template or a form widget. It must be at the root of the form.
- The name of the attachment (therefore the report) sent by email has the following format: YYYY_MM_DD HH: MM Formname
- If a custom report is linked to the email and the custom report cannot be generated, the email cannot be send.
- The Finish and Send widget doesn't allow to preview reports.