What are user attributes for ?
User attributes are used to characterize your users.
These attributes can be used to automatically pre-fill fields in your forms or even configure access rights.
What is a user attribute ?
A user attribute is data that can be of all types (numbers, texts, coordinates).
Each user can therefore be characterized by one or more attributes.
By default, Ermeo defines several user attributes for each of your users. These attributes are :
- user's first name
- user name
- user id
- the user's team
- user profile
To this list of attributes defined by default, there are therefore added the attributes that you define for your users, for example :
- Registration number
- Operating unit
- Subsidiary company
In practice, how to define my users with attributes ?
Context: The supervisor will create an attribute to determine the level of seniority in the company. This data will be a number.
1. Go to the Users section then go into Structure
2. Click into Create an Attribute
3. Fill a name and a type for the attribute. We will create "Experience Years" attribute of Number type.
4. Click into Create Attribute
We are now going to associate the attribute created, with a user into your platform.
4. Return to the Users tab, and click on a user.
5. Open the User Attributes page.
6. Fill a value for the attribute.
Your user is now define by his year of seniority in your company.
To go further
It is not possible to import users. But you can export users datas.
- If a user is qualified as "Experienced", you can show them only the essential tasks.
- On the other hand, if the user is "Novice" you can show him the whole form.