Why use the import of new assets ?
What is this feature ?
Using Ermeo, you can import new assets quickly.
The import of resources is done using an Excel file.
Import frame of your elements
You will find the import frame for your assets as an enclosed file to this article.
The following columns must be present in the import file.
|code||Compulsory for an update / Optional for a creation||
How to get exisiting codes ?
Export the assets needed to be udpate and get their codes in the first colum of the XLS file.
|name||Compulsory||Name of your asset. Two assets can have the same name.|
|parent||Optional||Code of the parent of the asset|
|family||Optional||Code of the database|
- Asset attributes must already exist on the platform. The spelling of the attribute name must be exactly the same on the import file.
- The values of attributes must respect the typology of the attribute defined on the platform. If the attribute is of type "number", all values must be numeric only.
In practice, how do you create new assets within an existing database ?
Context : Imagine a company that wants to import 100 motors into a "Motors" database. The "Engines" database has the attributes : power, torque and make.
It would take too long to create these assets one by one in the database. We will thus proceed to import resources.
1. Create a first asset manually to retrieve an import frame. The asset created must be included in the "Engines" database and will have the following attributes: power, torque and make.
2. Export this asset.
3. The Excel file is downloaded. You now have the import file in your possession. It only remains to fill
4. Fill in your Excel file.
- Leave the code column empty for the assets to be created.
- In the name column, define the names of your engines.
- In the "family" column, enter the code from the "Engines" database.
- Leave the parent column blank.
- Fill in the Power, Torque and Make columns with data
5. Return to the Assets tab. Click on the toothed wheel then on "Imports". Click on "New Import".
6. Select your Excel file. You can check the correspondence between the attributes of the Excel file and the attributes found on your Ermeo platform.
The message "column must remain empty" indicates that new resources will be created.
7. Click on Next. The resources will be imported.
In the event of errors, an error file is generated. Within this file are the resources that could not be created. The error resources are highlighted in red. You can download this file and make changes to it. Then you can re-import it.
- In the error file, you can place the mouse on the red column in order to view a description of the error.
- It is not possible to cancel an import in progress.
- During an import (asset or interventions), using an Excel file, the import is made from the top of the file to the bottom of the file. First, line 1 of the file is imported, then line 2 is imported, then line 3 etc.
- With the imports, you need to update existing assets.
- The columns parent(without the code), database(without the code), created_at and created_by should not appear in the import file.