What is a user attribute ?
A user attribute is a characteristic which defines, for example, the position, qualification, skills, level, etc., of a user.
How to create attributes for users ?
- Go to the users tab
- Click on the gear and choose "Attributes"
- Choose "Create a new attribute"
- Name the name of your attribute, in this example we will choose "extension"
- Associate it according to the type in which you can use it in a form. Here it will be an attribute of type "text"
A new attribute has been created. It is now possible to associate it with a user.
- Choose the user on which you want to associate the new attribute
- Click on "Attributes"
- "Edit attributes"
- "Add an existing attribute"
- Check the attribute
- Fill in the attribute field. Here in the post attribute we will define the role of supervisor
How to use the users attributes ?
In the studio we want to add the function of the operator who performs the maintenance:
- Choose a "text" type widget in the tasks
- In the settings, choose "link to an attribute"
- Select the type (in this case, "user")
- Choose the attribute name
- Check the box "Pre-fill the value in the application"
In the bottom right corner, an orange icon appears to indicate that this widget is linked to an attribute.
In the preview, starting the form, we see that the widget that we linked to an attribute appears with the position of the person who completes the form