What is the goal of the tags ?
The tags have a double application. Used in the studio, they make the technician's life easier during interventions by automating tasks such as performing calculations, pre-filling values or pre-filling e-mails from previous results.
You can also use them to configure a custom report, meeting your regulatory format.
What is a tag ?
Tags are unique codes surrounded by two pound signs ## multiple_choice ##
There are general tags linked to an intervention used to retrieve information such as the name of the intervention, the start date, the end date or the name of the technician in charge of this intervention.
Then there are the specific tags, which are linked to each widget of the form. For this type of tag, you can retrieve 3 different pieces of information :
- The title of the brick by adding ": title" at the end of the tag: ## multiple_choice: title ##
- The operator response : ## multiple_choice ##
- The name of the user who filled this brick ## multiple_choice: user##
Where to find these tags ?
The tags are accessible in two different places :
1. From the Studio by clicking on the Tag icon.
In practice terms, how does that work ?
An operator will work on a site and carry out an engine inspection. At the end of his intervention, he wishes to send to the client, in addition to the personalized report, an email with the summary of the intervention including the key data, so that his company can start the invoicing cycle.
Explanation of how to use the tags
In my form "Engine maintenance sheet", I will select the data that I want to include in the email : that is to say the engine power and its condition.
1; Click on Brick Tag First name / Last name
2. Paste the tag in the body of the email.
3. Repeat these actions for the "General engine condition" and "Engine power is" brick.
At the end of the intervention, an email will therefore be sent to my client with the information provided by my operator, and this in complete transparency.
You can copy paste the tag of a Photo widget inside another Photo widget (same behaviour for Drawing widget)
New: Ermeo now adds controls on tags!
A warning message will now be displayed if:
- the user tries to delete a task containing a tag used in another task
- the user tries to move task A above task B using task A tag
What is the meaning of the error messages ?
This message is displayed when a task uses the content of another task included further down in the form.
This message is displayed when tags are not supported. Currently, the tags not supported by Ermeo are:
- The tags of the PDF bricks and Choice of images
- The tags of the bricks contained inside a Form brick not converted into a section or a Model brick not converted into a section
- Text brick tags in formulas
- Information brick value tags
This message is also displayed when the tag does not exist. Thus, Ermeo proactively warns that the tag is not recognized in our system. The missing letters in the tags are thus newly detected.
Ex: ##asset_pl6TDJx0:use## will be detected as an error (because the word user is not complete)