What is the Automatic Selection widget for ?
The Automatic Selection widget allows an administrator to select one or more assets for his operator.
The supervisor defines assets selection criteria. A list of assets will then be diasplayed for the operator according to these criterias. The operator will not be able to choose, manually, on which asset to work among those displayed.
Where is the Automatic Selection widget ?
The Automatic Selection widget can be found in your publishing studio, in the Databases category.
With this widget, your operator will not have to choose on which asset to work. You make this choice yourself, in order to make easier its intervention.
How to configure the Automatic Selection widget ?
Within the settings, you can choose the maximum number of assets that can be selected.
You can then define selection criteria. These criterias may relate to :
- Asset names
- Asset parents
- Asset database
- the date of creation and / or modification of the asset
- Asset attributes
In practice, how can I create assets ?
Context : Imagine a company inspecting rails. Each rail is an asset in the "Rails" database.
- Each rail inspected may have faults. In this case, faults will be listed as assets in the "Faults" database.
- Each asset created will have parent asset. This parent asset is the rail on which the fault is located.
- Imagine an operator working on a rail. He wants to select all the faults that were created on this rail during previous inspections.
How can i display the defects ?
1. Drag and drop a Text widget at the beginning of your form. Name this widget "Rail inspected" In this widget will be written the reference of the rail inspected. Thus, in the rest of the form, we will know which rail is inspected.
2. Drag and drop an Automatic Selection widget.
2.1 In the settings, for Parent place the tag corresponding to the "Rail inspected" widget.
2.2 In Databases, select the Defects database.
2.3 Define a maximum number of assets that can be selected.
3. Publish your form and launch it from the application. Enter the reference of a rail then click on Automatic Selection.
How to load and/or hide the ressources automatically within the Automatic Selection widget ?
Within the automatic selection widget, the options allows you to load automatically the assets selected or even to hide the assets selected.
- The Manual Selection widget allows your operator to choose assets from pre-selected assets. Here, the Automatic Selection widget does not allow the operator to choose from the selected asset. The assets are compulsory for him.
- It is not compulsory to define a maximum number of selectable assets.
- If the maximum number of devices selected by the application is greater than the limit number defined by the supervisor, then only part of the selected assets will be displayed.