What is the Automatic Selection widget for ?
The Automatic Selection widget allows an administrator to select one or more assets for his operator.
The supervisor defines assets selection criteria. A list of assets will then be diasplayed for the operator according to these criterias. The operator will not be able to choose, manually, on which asset to work among those displayed.
Where is the Automatic Selection widget ?
The Automatic Selection widget can be found in your publishing studio, in the Databases category.
With this widget, your operator will not have to choose on which asset to work. You make this choice yourself, in order to make easier its intervention.
How to configure the Automatic Selection widget ?
Within the settings, you can choose the maximum number of assets that can be selected.
You can then define selection criteria. These criterias may relate to :
- Asset names
- Asset parents
- Asset database
- the date of creation and / or modification of the asset
- Asset attributes
In practice, how can I create assets ?
Context : Imagine a company inspecting rails. Each rail is an asset in the "Rails" database.
- Each rail inspected may have faults. In this case, faults will be listed as assets in the "Faults" database.
- Each asset created will have parent asset. This parent asset is the rail on which the fault is located.
- Imagine an operator working on a rail. He wants to select all the faults that were created on this rail during previous inspections.
How can i display the defects ?
1. Drag and drop a Text widget at the beginning of your form. Name this widget "Rail inspected" In this widget will be written the reference of the rail inspected. Thus, in the rest of the form, we will know which rail is inspected.
2. Drag and drop an Automatic Selection widget.
2.1 In the settings, for Parent attribute the tag corresponding to the "Rail inspected" widget.
2.2 In Databases, select the Defauts database.
2.3 Define a maximum number of assets that can be selected.
3. Publish your form and launch it from the application. Enter the reference of a rail then click on Automatic Selection.
Automate the clic on the selection
It is now possible to automate the click of the automatic selection. To do this, simply:
- Create a display condition on the Automatic Selection task
- Check the option "Automate the click" after having checked the option "Load the data automatically".
- It is possible to automate the click if and only if the multiplication of the number of assets selected by the number of tasks included in the Automatic Selection brick is strictly less than 500.
Example of possible configuration:
Here, we have 100 resources selected and 4 tasks in the Automatic Selection. We therefore have 4 * 100 = 400 (strictly less than 500).
Example of impossible configuration:
Here, we have 100 resources selected and we want to add a fifth task in the Automatic selection. We therefore have 5 * 100 = 500 (so we have reached the limit of 500).
If the number of selected resources is too large, this number will be reduced automatically by the studio, in order to allow you to automate the click.
Example on the app :
Within the automatic selection widget, the options allows you to load automatically the assets selected or even to hide the assets selected.
Be sure that the asset selected is the main asset of the job
Within the parameters of the Automatic Selection widget, if you check the option "This asset is the main resource of the job", then the asset selected will be the main asset of the job. Please note, if this option is activated, it will not be possible to select more than one asset into your Automatic Selection widget.
To go further
- The Manual Selection widget allows your operator to choose assets from pre-selected assets. Here, the Automatic Selection widget does not allow the operator to choose from the selected asset. The assets are compulsory for him.
- It is not compulsory to define a maximum number of selectable assets.
- If the maximum number of devices selected by the application is greater than the limit number defined by the supervisor, then only part of the selected assets will be displayed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.