Why should I use the Creation widget ?
The Creation widget allows the operator to create one or several assets during the intervention from the field.
It will allow to create new ressources into the databases.
Where is the Creation widget ?
The create an asset widget is available into the design studio, in the category Databases.
How to configure it ?
- You can define the minimum and maximum assets that can be created by the operator.
- You can also associate the asset created with a database or even make it have parent asset by default.
- The attributes assigned to the asset created can also be configured.
In practice, how can I allow my operator to create asset ?
My operator wants to report anomalies.
At each anomaly encountered, it will create a new anomaly (therefore a new resource) in order to feed the database.
How can I make sure that my operator can create anomalies and make sure that they are visible within the database ?
1. In my form, drag and drop the Creation widget. Name it "Report an anomaly"
2. Within the "Report an anomaly" widget, include a Text widget. Name the "Type of Anomaly". Link the brick to a Text type attribute named "Anomaly Type" for example then authorize editing in the application to allow the operator to make modifications to it.
3. Publish your form and go to the application.
4. Start an intervention. Create a first anomaly. Define this anomaly.
You can create as many anomalies as you want. Once the intervention is completed, these anomalies will be visible in your database.
How to load datas automatically in the assets created and to hide those assets ?
Within the Creation widget, an option allow you to load datas automatically within the assets but also to hide those same assets.
Add a random suffix to the name of the asset created
In the settings of the Creation widget, an option allows you to add a suffix to the name of the asset created.
This suffix will then consist of 9 randomly generated digits. This will allow you to differentiate the asset created and prevent it from having the same name. A unique id will therefore be associated with each newly created piece of asset.
To go further
In the Creation widget, you can link the widgets inside to attributes of your database. This will allow you to characterize the asset created with the correct attributes associated with it.
- It is possible to create two assets with the same name. The code associated with the asset will make it possible to differentiate them.
- By using tags, this allows you to use the information previously entered during the intervention to name the new asset.
- It's not possible to increase the number or the name of the ressources.
- Be careful, if you create an asset with a Creation widget, if the Creation widget is included in an Automatic Selection widget, the parent of the created asset will be the asset selected above in the tree structure of the form.