Why should I use the Email widget ?
The Email widget allows the operator to send an email to someone.
How works the Email widget ?
The Email widget is in the category Tasks of your design studio :
Just drag and drop it in the middle to use it.
The difference with the "Finish and Send" widget is to fact if you have used the "Email" widget, you can still work on the intervention.
How to set it ?
Here are different examples for the settings:
- Define the mailing list (s), subject and body of the text
To define the mailing list, all you have to do is enter the email address (es) of the receiver (s). Email addresses must be separated by a semicolon (";"), without spaces.
To define the object and the body of the mail, just fill in the "Subject" and "Message" fields.
- Use tags to custom email
It is possible to use the Tags in the subject and in the body of the email to customize the email and function of the intervention. There are two types of Tags: "General Information" tags and "Form Data" tag (more informations about the tags).
- Choose the Report Template
It is possible to choose the template that you want to use as the report to be sent. There are two types of templates: the standard Ermeo report, called "Default", and the custom report.
If you choose to send the report with the standard Ermeo template, you do not need to configure a layout: the report will automatically go to the page and send as PDF. You will then be able to choose whether or not to display the following information in the report:
If you choose to send the report with a custom layout, you should first have your template loaded from the document's home page:
- Allow the user or not to edit the mail
You can give the right or not to the operator to modify the email. If the option "Allow modification" is not checked, the user will not be able to modify the mailing list, the object, or the body of the mail.
Concretely, how works Email widget ?
At the middle of his intervention, an operator will send an email to his supervisor to tell him that he has reach a step of his intervention.
How to be sure that the mail will be send at the middle of each intervention ? How to setup the content of the mail ?
1. Into the studio, drag and drop the "Email'" widget inside the form "Fiche de Maintenance Moteur", between two sections.
We will setup the widget in order to have this in the content of the mail :
- The recipient of the intervention will be the direct supervisor of the operator (value taken thanks to the tags).
- The email adress in the copy will be : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line of the mail will be a text field taken thanks to the tags.
- The body of the mail will be a general message with tags inside.. This message can be modify by the operator.
- The template of the report will be a custom report at the PDF format.
2. Into the settings copy and paste the tag relevant to the name of the direct line supervisor into the field "A".
3. Write email@example.com into the field "Cc".
4. Copy and paste the tag relevant to the name of the subject line of the mail, into the field "Object".
5. Inside the field "Message", write the following message :
Please find enclosed the first part of my intervention report.
Have a nice day"
6. For the template of your report, choose your custom report.
7. Tick the "Format PDF" box.
During the using of the application, after the validation of the task, the operator can continue the intervention.
To go further
- Emails attributes cannot be linked with Email widgets.
- You can now send a custom report during the job
Now, you cand send reports during a job. To do that, you just have to activate the option "Attach a report'. This option will allow you to choose a custom report (or the Ermeo default report). This custom report can be converted as PDF before sent.
- Send different emails depending on the receivers, and this for the same intervention
You can send different emails depending on the receivers from the same intervention.
To set up several emails, just use the small "+":
- Email adresses must be existing ones. If one email adress is not valid, the email, for all the recipients, will not be send.
- The name of the attachment (therefore the report) sent by email has the following format: YYYY_MM_DD HH: MM Formname