What is the Form widget for ?
The Form widget is used to insert a form that has been previously created within another form.
The advantages of using the Form widget are as follows :
- When you modify the form that has been inserted in other forms, this form updates in all the forms that contain it, which makes it much easier to manage Versioning and to have standardized procedures.
- The task tags in the form do not change when the form is inserted into forms, which allows you to create a standard custom template.
Like the template, the inserted form can only be modified at the source, that is, you have to enter the editing studio in the form itself to modify it.
But then, what difference with the template ?
Unlike the template, the inserted form will also be visible alone on the mobile application. Indeed, the templates are not visible on the mobile application which is not the case of the forms which are them forms in their own right.
In practice, how to use the Form widget ?
Context : Imagine an administrator who wants to reuse a form created previously, in a new form.
To insert a form into a form, use the Form widget in the editing studio, then select the correct form from the drop-down list on the right :
To go further :
- Be sure to publish the form so that you can insert it into other forms.
- The form can only be modified at source: it cannot be modified when it is inserted !
- If the form is called several times in the same form, a number is incremented in the template tag in order to dissociate the values entered. This allows you to retrieve the values each time the same template is called in the same form in the custom reports. Consequently, it is advisable to put the right tags with the numbers incremented in the personalized report: in this case the tags will be different for each repetition!
- When a form is imported into another form thanks to a Form task, the custom template linked to the first form won't be imported.
Example of use cases :
This widget is often used to change the intervention form based on the technician's responses.
For example : During the intervention, my technician is asked to indicate if the escalator is functional, if it is not, the technician will have to do a maintenance . Depending on the answer to this question, the technician will be directed to a maintenance form or a checking form.
To configure this use case, the display conditions should be used : the appearance of a form is conditioned on the basis of the answers entered beforehand by the technician.
Please sign in to leave a comment.