What is the Repeat Section widget used for ?
The Repeat Section widget is used to configure an action or a series of actions that the operator must perform several times during his intervention.
Where is the Repeat Section widget ?
The Repeatable Section widget is located in the Structure section of your publishing studio.
How to configure it ?
In the parameters, we can define the minimum and maximum numbers of occurrences of the repeat section.
The content to be repeated must be included inside the Repeatable Section widget. The Repeat Section widget will then be a section.
To end the repetitions, there is a "End section" button on the application. You can customize the "End section" button with text adapted to your use case.
In practice, how to use the Repeatable Section widget ?
Context: Imagine a company having to inspect a site containing engines. For each engine encountered on the site, the field operator must record the engine power.
It is estimated that the operator will inspect a minimum of 2 motors, and a maximum of 8 motors.
1. In a form, drag and drop a Repeat section widget. Name it "Repeatable Section".
2. Within this repeat section, drag and drop a Number widget. Name the "Motor Power".
3. On the repeat section, fill the numbers 2 and 8 in the minimum and maximum parameters.
4. Customize the end of section button, by entering the text "End of statements".
5. Leave the studio and publish the form.
6. Start an intervention with this form.
7. Take as many datas as you want. You can create as many occurrences as you want by clicking Add.
8. Once your readings have been made, click on the "End of statements" button.
To go further
- You can display repeat sections within your custom reports.
- Repeatable sections can be nested within other repeatable sections.
- For the moment, it's not possible to do calculations into repeat sections.
- Currently, it's not possible to to display the content of a repeat section within the body of an email.
The section widget just allow to set one action or an occur of actions.