The Ermeo App is available on Android, iOS and Windows phones and can be downloaded from those public stores:
- Play Store (Android)
- Apple Store (iOS)
- Windows Store (Windows)
The application works on smartphones and tablets.
The technical properties of the devices used can impact the performance of the mobile application, depending on the use made of the Ermeo solution, for example:
- Size and complexity of forms
- Number of data to which users have access, depending on the access rights set.
- Weight of PDFs and pictures imported into the solution.
To ensure the best user experience possible, the required properties of mobile devices must be:
- Processor Core Quantity: 8 Cores
- Processor: 2.7 GHz
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- Operating systems
Android 7.0 minimum
iOS 11 minimum
Windows 10 only
When using a device, you must also ensure its storage capacity. The greater the storage capacity is, the faster the data can be handled. When activating offline mode, databases are generated and stored locally on the phone. The phone must therefore have the necessary space to store the databases.
Examples of mobile devices
Example of Android phones: Samsung J3, Samsung Galaxy A50, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra
Example of Android tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- All the iPads currently marketed by Apple can be used for your interventions.
- List of compatible iOS phones:
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 14
The mobile application can work with or without an internet network thanks to the “Offline mode” feature.
Depending on the use of Ermeo, for example, the number of pictures taken in the field or the volume of data that must be accessible by users on their mobile application, a lot of data may need to pass through. An adapted mobile plan is necessary according to this use.
To ensure the best possible user experience, a 25 GB / month data plan is required.
What are Ermeo's limits for Windows devices?
Taking pictures: This feature works like on the webapp. The user will be able to upload an image from their tablet but will not be able to take photos using the camera of his device.
Features that cannot be used on Windows
- Scan QR Code / Barcode
- NFC scan
- Ubleam scan
- No push notifications. The user does not receive a notification when:
- An intervention is planned
- An intervention is transferred to them
- A new database is available
What are the actions in forms which need some power in devices?
Some form actions require calculations and therefore a minimum processor in the device used. If the devices have the characteristics defined at the top of this article, then the actions should be completed without any problems.
Here are the actions in forms:
- Having Sections in Sections
- Repeat sections with lots of data
- Taking pictures
- Display conditions
- Calculations in Number Widget
- Assets in databases (with an Automatic Selection Widget for example)
- Database attribute calls
- Having Databases widgets in Databases widgets
- Prefill an intervention with an existing report
Please sign in to leave a comment.