Why create a user from the platform ?
It is useful to create a user when a new person joins your company or when a person has to use Ermeo for the first time.
What is a user ?
A user is a person using Ermeo. A user can be an administrator, a supervisor, an operator.
An Ermeo account is associated with each operator.
This account can be active or not. For an account to be active, a license must be assigned to this account.
In practice, how do you create a new user ?
Context : Imagine an employee joining a new company. A supervisor will need to create an Ermeo account for this new employee.
1. In the Users tab, click on "New user".
2. Fill in the different fields requested:
- User first name
- User name
- User email
- User team.
3. Define the user ID. There are two types of IDs :
- The identifier is the user's email address
- The identifier is a custom id.
4. Enter a password and confirm this password. Please note, the password must not contain spaces.
5. Assign a license to your new user if you wish.
- Special characters are not allowed in user names.
- It is not possible to change the user name after creating the account.
- It is not possible to delete a user.
- If a license has been unassigned to a user, the data concerning this user is always accessible.