Why create a user from the platform ?
It is useful to create a user when a new person joins your company or when a person has to use Ermeo for the first time.
What is a user ?
A user is a person using Ermeo. A user can be an administrator, a supervisor, an operator. An Ermeo account is associated with each operator. This account can be active or not. For an account to be active, a license must be assigned to this account.
In practice, how do you create a new user ?
Context : Imagine an employee joining a new company. A supervisor will need to create an Ermeo account for this new employee.
1. In the Users tab, click on "New user".
2. Fill in the different fields requested:
3. Define the user ID. There are two types of IDs :
- The identifier is the user's email address
- The identifier is a custom id.
4. Decide if an invitation must be send to your user to let him decide your password. This invitation will be available for 15 days. If the invitation is not accepted by the user, the invitation must be send again.
5. Enter a password and confirm this password. Please note, the password must not contain spaces.
6. Assign a license to your new user if you wish.
For further details
- Special characters are not allowed in user names.
- It is not possible to change the user name after creating the account.
- It is not possible to delete a user.
- If a license has been unassigned to a user, the data concerning this user is always accessible.
Please sign in to leave a comment.