What are the teams for ?
You choose the criteria that define your teams. A team can be based on a geographic area, a site, a skill.
What are the teams ?
Teams are therefore groups of users with access to the same resources.
In practice, how to create teams ?
1. Go into the Users section and click into Teams.
2. Create into New Team.
3. Fill a value for the name of the team.
You can then define access rights for your new team.
- Defining teams is useful for using access rights. Each team will only see the part relevant to their work.
- On the intervention schedule, you can define a view for each of the teams. You can thus have a detailed view of the interventions for each of the users belonging to a team.
- A user can belong to several teams. The access rights will be add.
- In each team, you can define managers.
Hierarchy in the rules
It is important to understand the difference between "Roles" and "Teams".
Roles are used to determine what a user can do on the platform or on the mobile application. These are actions like duplicating a document or creating a user.
Teams allow you to define what a user can see on the platform or on the mobile application. These are conditions on resources such as: "The Marseille team can see all the asset for which Location attribute is Marseille". The teams and the access rights are therefore closely linked.
The profiles take precedence over the access rights preset in the teams. Thus, it is necessary to properly configure the profiles and the access rights so as not to have conflicts in the rules.