What are the access rights for ?
The access rights allow you to define what will be visible to each user. Depending on their viewing rights, a user may see, or not see, different resources.
What are access rights ?
Access rights are defined for teams. The users being associated with teams, they then each have predefined consultation rights.
An access right can relate to :
- assets attributes
In practice, How to create access rights?
1. Create a team in Users section (or select a team already created).
2. In the team, go into the Access Rights section.
3. Click into datas, then select the type of datas on which you want to create an access right. Choose Restricted access and then select apply your condition.
To go further
- Defining teams is essential to use access rights.
- Defining teams also speeds up synchronization time when using offline mode. The databases generated correspond to the access rights of users. The more these acesSs rights restrict the resources, the less resources there will be to load during the generation of databases.
- You can add "And" in each condition by clicking on "Add a condition" within the condition.
To make "Or" in the conditions, just create a new set of conditions by clicking on "Add a condition" (blue box), then configure it on the same resource.
- Today there are no inherited rights when setting up access rights. Indeed, if we authorize a team to see a folder A, this does not mean that we allow it to see the sub-folders contained in folder A.
If a user does not have access to a folder, he will still be able to see that folder. However, the contents of the file will appear empty to him.
Hierarchy in the rules
It is important to understand the difference between "Profiles" and "Teams".
Roles are used to determine what a user can do on the platform or on the mobile application. These are actions like duplicating a document or creating a user.
Teams allow you to define what a user can see on the platform or on the mobile application. These are conditions on resources such as: "The" Marseille "team can see all the equipment whose City attribute is" Marseille "".
The profiles take precedence over the access rights configured in the teams. Thus, it is necessary to properly configure the profiles and the consultation rights so as not to have conflicts in the rules.