What is the purpose of geolocating your assets on a map ?
Adding a georeference to your assets will allow your operator to visualize the places where he must work.
When an intervention is scheduled, it is displayed on the main page of the application. If it is connected to a geolocated asset, then a map view will be displayed to show your operator where the asset is located.
What is the geolocation of assets ?
Geolocation consists of defining latitude and longitude coordinates for each of your assets. Several assets can have the same geolocation.
In practice, how to geolocate assets ?
1. To locate an item of assets , go to the assets tab, then click on the toothed wheel and Attributes
2. Choose Create new attribute, and select Location as the attribute type. You can name your Attribute "Geolocation".
3. Then validate the creation of your new attribute.
4. To add a location attribute, click on the required asset, then on modify attributes, and add an existing attribute.
5. Choose the attribute created previously, then validate. Two boxes appear asking you to fill in Latitude and Longitude.
We advise you to go to this site to retrieve this information.
Let us use as an example the case of Ermeo. We enter the physical address of Ermeo, which will then give us the GPS coordinates
To go further
The operator can reposition the asset on the map.
He can thus modify the location of the asset. He must move the red cursor to the new desired location.