Why have assets trees?
It is useful to define a tree structure of elements in order to be able to navigate more easily within multiple elements on the mobile application or the platform.
What is a parent asset ?
To define a tree of assets, one or more parent elements must be defined.
A parent asset can have several child elements (this is even the goal).
However, a child element can have only one parent element.
On the diagram, we see that the engine is a parent element but also a child element.
How to create a subdatabase of assets ?
Context: Imagine a company that inspects a building. The building consists of floors. Each floor is made up of rooms. We will define 3 levels of tree structure.
1. In the Databases tab, click into a database and then create an asset. Define a name. Here we will name it "Building 7". This asset has no parent (because at the top of the tree).
2. Then create a new asset which you will name Floor 1. This asset will have as parent asset Building 7.
3. Then create a new asset which you will name "Floor 2". This asset will have as parent asset "Building 7".
4. Then create a new asset which you will name "Room 101". This asset will have as parent asset "Floor 1".
5. Then create a new asset which you will name "Room 201". This asset will have as parent asset "Floor 2".
6. On the platform or mobile application, you can navigate within the different levels of trees.
Access to the name of the parent asset and its attributes
You can now display the values and/or modify the attributes of a parent asset, directly from your job.
Let's imagine that you have different engines. Each engine is an asset, which has a factory as its parent asset. We are going to see how to display this factory, within your application, depending on the engine chosen.
Drag and drop a Text widget. Choose the "Parent asset" type then the "Asset Name" attribute;
Here, the asset name is chosen. Of course, you can choose the attributes of the parent resource.
On the application, the data of the parent resource can thus be collected.
To know more
- Defining an equipment tree does not allow you to manipulate attributes. Passing attributes is done using the concepts of databases / sub databases.
- When creating a new tree, it is useful to start with the "top level of the tree". When you define a parent device, it must have been created beforehand.
You can mass edit the parent resource of multiple resources at once.
Click on the assets whose parent assets you want to modify, then click on attribute and choose parent. Finally choose the new parent equipment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.