What is the Preselection widget for?
The Preselection widget allows a supervisor to pre-define an asset for his operator, before the start of an intervention.
Thus, during his intervention, the operator will already know the asset on which he will work, and can prepare himself upstream.
Where is the Preselection widget ?
The Preselection widget can be found in your design studio, in the Databases category.
With this widget, your operator will not have to choose on which asset to work. You make this choice yourself, in order to make easier its intervention. The information entered by your operator will then update the data concerning the pre-defined asset.
How to configure it ?
Within the settings , you only have to choose the pre-defined asset for your operator. This asset must be created beforehand. You can only preset one asset at a time.
In practice, how do you preselect assets ?
Context : Imagine a company that must inspect a site containing several resources. As a supervisor, I want my operator to inspect engine 45.
I will therefore have to pre-define this asset called Engine 45 for the intervention.
How can I make sure that my operator does not have to choose a resource and that engine 45 appears to him ?
1. In my form, drag and drop the Preselection widget. Name it "Predefined Engine".
2. In the parameters, search for the "Engine 45" asset using the search bar. This asset must have been created beforehand.
3. Imagine that I want to modify the "Brand" attribute of my "Engine 45" asset.
Within the Preselection widget, include a Text widget. Name it "Brand".
Link the widget to a Text attribute named "Brand". Allow editing in the application.
4. Start an intervention. The Engine 45 asset is predefined. You can fill in the information concerning this engine.
How to load datas automatically in my preselected asset?
Within the Preselection widget, an option allow you to load the datas automatically for the asset preselected.
Be sure that the asset preselected is the main asset of the job
Within the parameters of the Preselection widget, if you check the option "This asset is the main resource of the job", then the asset selected will be the main asset of the job.
To go further
- The Preselection widget does not allow predefining several resources. If you want to predefine several resources, you must use the Automatic Selection widget
- A pre-defined asset can be linked to attributes. Thus, the operator will be able to modify the attributes of the predefined asset (if the "Allow editing in the application" option is activated).
The predefined asset must be created before the intervention. The operator will not be able to create it by himself.
Please sign in to leave a comment.