What is the Manual Selection widget made for?
The Manual Selection widget allows a supervisor to pre-select one or several assets for his operator. The operator can then choose assets from this pre-selection.
The supervisor defines criteria for the pre-selection of assets. A list of assets will then be displayed for the operator according to these criterias. The operator will choose the relevant asset manually.
Where is the Manual Selection widget ?
The Manual Selection widget can be found in your studio, in the "Databases" category.
How to configure it ?
Within the parameters, you can choose the minimum and maximum assets that will be selected by your operator.
You must define pre-selection criteria. These criterias may relate to :
- Name of asset
- Parent of asset
- Database of asset
- The date of creation and / or modification of the asset
- Attributes of the asset
In practice, how to use the Manual Selection widget ?
Context: I want to pre-select all the assets for which the Brand attribute is "Kinn Mota".
In my database, I have 6 assets that have the value "Kinn Mota" for the Brand attribute.
The operator can choose between 2 and 4 assets among the 6 preselected assets.
How to ensure that my operator can choose between 2 and 4 motors among the 6 motors that will be selected ?
1. Check that 6 assets have the "Brand" attribute with the value "Kinn Mota" in one of your databases. If not, you can create this attribute and assign it to a database. Then, you can create assets into the database and assign the value "Kinn Mota".
2. In the form, drag and drop the "Manual Selection" widget. Name it "Pre-selected equipment".
3. In the parameters, limit the selection between 2 and 4 assets. Check the attribute "Brand" and enter the value "Kinn Mota".
4 Start the intervention. Click on Manual Selection. The 6 desired assets are displayed for your operator.
He must choose between 2 and 4 assets among the 6 selected assets (here he will choose the first 3 assets)
How to load automatically the assets selected ?
Within the Manual Selection widget, an option allow you to load automatically the assets. The content of the assets, will be loaded before that the user clicks into it.
The Manual Selection widget allows your operator to choose assets from the pre-selected assets. The Automatic Selection widget does not allow the operator to choose from the pre-selected assets. It is not compulsory to define a maximum number and a minimum number of assets.
Be sure that the asset selected is the main asset of the job
Within the parameters of the Manual Selection widget, if you check the option "This asset is the main resource of the job", then the asset selected will be the main asset of the job. Please note, if this option is activated, it will not be possible to select more than one asset into your Manual Selection widget.
To go further
- It's not compulsory to define a maximum number and a minimum number of selected assets. However, you cannot define more than 100 assets as maximum.
- If the maximum number of assets selected by the operator is greater than the maximum limit number defined by the supervisor, then an error message is displayed on the application.
- If the minimum number of assets selected by the operator is less than the minimum limit number defined by the supervisor, then an error message is displayed on the application.
Please sign in to leave a comment.